My sweet husband and I.

My sweet husband and I.
Leah Bess Photography.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A nifty moving tip - liquor store win bottle boxes

So we are currently in the process of packing up our current apartment and moving into a house (woohoo!! We are thrilled to have a yard..)

So as you can see the place is a mess. But I had a lightbulb moment when I was at Spec's wine and finer foods recently (a liquor/beer store here in Texas that has fancy food as well..)

They have tons of boxes by the entrance, and a few that housed bottles as well as normal boxes. And then it hit me.. grab the ones that are used for boxes and put my glass cups in there.. instead of dealing with "newspapering" them all. GENIUS! (we are moving maybe a mile away so this works well for short distances..)

Well I picked up a few and then realized I could put all my shampoo and body washes in there as well, and they won't tip over and spill like in a normal box..

And then, even further, I was trying to figure out how to move my tall seasonings and sauces (i.e. marinades, vegetable oil, hot sauces, vinegar, etc.) and used a box for that, too!

So here is a moving tip for you folks that aren't moving a long distance, pick up some of these boxes at your local liquor store, and some regular boxes as well.

Happy Moving!



 The pooch is less than pleased about the mess that moving has created. ;) 
-Ash

1 comment: