My sweet husband and I.

My sweet husband and I.
Leah Bess Photography.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A great graph on Vegan/Vegetarian protien

So PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals) created this fantastic picture chart of a Vegan diet and where you get your protein. Hard to see? You can find it here in bigger scale: Vegan diet chart
This photo is property of PETA, I'm just relinking it :)

Now I'm not Vegan, but am working my way towards it slowly. I just bring this chart to your attention because I love the comparison on protein, calcium, iron, omega 3, and more. When you give up meat, and animal products for that matter, people always ask two things. 1.) what do you eat? and 2.) Are you getting enough protein?

I love that this graph shows you that a cup of lentils has (almost) the equivalent amount of protein to a 4oz steak. But let's get real, American's eat TOO MUCH protein, which is why we have an obesity epidemic. Have you ever had the chance to order a 4oz steak? I know I've only ever seen 6oz and above. 

I think it's a great chart to use to see what you should be eating as a veg/vegetarian, and how much protein you need. Enjoy!
Xoxo-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment