My sweet husband and I.

My sweet husband and I.
Leah Bess Photography.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 has come to an end - on to the next one

As the end of 2011 approaches, I find myself remembering so many good and wonderful things that happened this year. It was truly the best year yet, and I have so much to be thankful for. I try not to be one of those cheesy people who goes on relentlessly about how blessed they are, but I feel that 2011 deserves a little thanksgiving and attention.

To begin with, we have finally made a steady and great life here in Austin, TX after a random move from Corpus Christi. It was a bit of a "whim" decision. But it couldn't have been a better one. Lupe found a great job earlier this year and we are so thankful for it.
our pups were so cute during the move. Can't believe August of this year made it a year! 

We got to enjoy SNOW in Texas! I think this was January or February? Hopefully we will see it again this year!

We both got new cars ( we needed them!) I got a Nissan Cube and Lupe got a Lexus IS300. We were overdue, and it felt so good to be at a place in our lives where we could upgrade and buy a nice car for ourselves. 

Bella is going strong even through her kidney problems. The doctor checked up on her in October and said her levels were actually going down (which is good, since they are mostly elevated.) She's a trooper!


We got ENGAGED! It only took us 3 years ;) I couldn't be happier. It's a rare feeling to be able to say you've found the one you want to be with for all eternity. And I think we are lucky to say that we have.

We got to visit New Orleans! (free trip courtesy of our local radio station.) This was our first real travel experience together, which is crazy becuase we have been dating for such a long time. It was a lot of fun and something we definitely plan to do more of.


We got to see some beautiful friends get married, Abby & RJ. They have a beautiful love and their wedding was one of the most fun and exciting I've been to!


Sarah and Chase also had a beautiful and fun wedding in Houston. She was an amazingly gorgeous bride and the wedding was a BLAST!

I got a PROMOTION with Kaplan this year (woo hoo) and love my job. I also go to visit Chicago for a work conference and fell in love with it. Here is Pam and I downtown at their Harbour, we were convinced we wanted to move there! It was beautiful.
We went to some fun festivals including this one, Eeyore's birthday, an Austin staple. We truly live in the best city and we don't take advantage of it enough!

I made an AMAZING friend who is practically my soulmate. I swear this girl & I were destined to be friends. One of the kindest, most genuine people I know. Not to mention she's a Gamma Phi :)

Took lots of pics with our great camera. Resolution for next year: More pics, and actually print some!

Lupe particpated in an art show at a bar called Spiderhouse here in Austin. He was among amazing talent and it was a great publicity opportunity for him. Hopefully more art shows to come in 2012.

I got to start planning our wonderful wedding :) My sweet Lupe even went to a bridal fair with me. Good sport.

It was a year of craziness with work, but my planner and blackberry held steady. I love having a planner, I go to it for everything. Can't wait to pick up a 2012 one! "Man may plan his course but the Lord determines his steps."

Got to help my BEST FRIEND pick out her wedding dress for her May wedding, and meet her wonderful friend Holly. Bunch of dolls!

Also got to celebrate my bestie's birthday! And Domani,Mary, and myself are all planning our big days for 2012. So much fun! (This is seriously the year of weddings for GPB's!)
My sweet friend Tracy came to visit Austin twice! Love getting to see her.

New years Resolution: Spend more time with Morgan. She's only 45 mins away from me!

Spent a lot of time realizing how lucky I am. And how happy I am.

Lucky enough to spend the holidays with our loved ones. I've also turned out to be quite the good cook, now I just need to spend 2012 working on my baking. Although these pumpkin cheesecake muffins turned out great!


Had a FANTASTIC Christmas. Our families truly went all out for us, and we are so so lucky.
Oh, and we had a cute little JOP wedding with our closest family and friends. We are still planning for a big ceremony in October, but we were more than ready to be married already. :)

So we end 2011 on a fantastic note, and I don't know what to expect from 2012. I don't know how we could top it, except with a fantastic wedding. Hopefully everything keeps going well for us and the pups. We are heading down to CC for New Years eve to spend it with our closest friends, and I'm super excited about it! We leave you with pinscher love.

New Years Resolutions include:
taking more pictures with our SLR
going to more free events in Austin (we are so lazy!)
spending less time on the computer and more time outside
puppies deserve more walks!
working out (for me.. and half of America)
reading more books (some good trilogies should do the trick)
Getting back into creating things. Work took over and we have really slacked.

And lastly, for anyone that may read this, I'm switching to tumblr. It's sad, but blogspot has nothing to make mobile blogging easy, and tumblr is fantastic to use from your smart phone.

Our wedding website: lupeandashleyvaladez.tumblr.com
my hobby website: luckylightning.tumblr.com

xoxo
The Valadez Clan

No comments:

Post a Comment