My sweet husband and I.

My sweet husband and I.
Leah Bess Photography.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Old Navy's new workout gear - fantastic!

So I'm not one to like working out, to be honest. I just don't usually enjoy it, and it's much harder when you are going at it alone. I barely made it through what my hometown calls "beach to bay", where I ran 4.5 miles. Here is me afterwards (not a pretty site..) Pretty amusing, right?


But honestly I'm at the point in my life where I need to step it up and start working out. I won't look like I'm 25 forever, unfortunately. So here and there I've been running, weight training,etc. I also just recently started advocare (more on that later..) But the point of this article is that I was fortunate enough to sample some fantastic workout wear from Old Navy's new workout line, and it's great!

Their "Go Dry" and "Compression" line are made out of this fantastic material. It fits to your body so well, especially with the pants, that it almost feels like you are wearing nothing (in a good way.) I know doing things like yoga and pilates can be difficult if you're wearing clothes that have extra fabric hanging, which can also be true for running and strength training. But these pants from Old Navy are just the opposite. In this picture I'm wearing a set of long compression pants (they also come in capri), and I love them. Not to mention Old Navy made them just girly enough for me to enjoy. I'm also wearing one of the matching zip up hoodies which is fantastic. (A girl can NEVER have too many hoodies.)
Here I am ready to brave our 50 degree weather we just got in Austin (woohoo!) I love it, you can see what I mean how the pants are fitted all the way through until the bottom. Love it! And the jacket is great because it's got lots of great zippers and pockets. You could easily tuck your keys away in one and take off for a run with no worries. love that. But my favorite part of the hoodie is listed in the below picture..

I LOVE the thumb holes. I don't know what it is about thumb holes in hoodies, but I love it. In my early soccer days I can remember wearing a hole in my hoodie right where the thumb went, so Old Navy hit the nail on the head. This secures the hoodies right on top of your hands, taking the place of hand warmers and keeping the hoodie in place. Love it!

A friend of mine was also able to sample these and she loved it as well. We almost always show up to work out together in one piece or another of the Old Navy gear. I was so impressed with it that I went in and got a set of black capri's and a black zipper hoodie as well. I LOVE the capri's also, they are fitted to your leg which is perfect for yoga!

Next time you're cruising Old Navy or searching for work out gear, make sure you pick some of this up! It's really reasonably priced, ($10-$25 a piece or so). When I went everything was on sale fairly cheap. They've got everything from sports bra's to fleece all the way to these lovely items. 

Hopefully having all this great workout gear will help get me off the couch and out in the trail more! Happy shopping! 

XoXo
Ashley 

2 comments:

  1. Its really a great blog.Thanks for the update.There is a scope to reach out for the best with the power of information in our hands that i got from your blog.
    weight lifting gear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Old Navy activewear products and have been using them since quite some time. Even recommended it to many of my friends at the gym and they also had good reviews about it on trying out their products. I have recently purchased a legging from their online store that matched well with the sports bra I bought last week.

    ReplyDelete