My sweet husband and I.

My sweet husband and I.
Leah Bess Photography.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Beat the cold with Zicam - a homeopathic option

I personally try to keep as many unnecessary chemicals out of my body as possible, including drugs to combat things like the cold & flu. I was lucky enough to be chosen for Zicam's Rapid Melts sample & share on Crowdtap and received a ton of free samples of Zicam's rapid melts.

The first word that impressed me on the packaging - homeopathic. What is homeopathic? It's an alternative, unconventional type of medicine, not your typical antibiotics and such. So I was sold right away.

 But beyond that, my husband works in a warehouse with around 20 or more other employees, so when one is sick, they all are. And my husband gets sick routinely and is miserable. So when Zicam came to the door, the only homeopathic remedy that's packaged that I know of, I was ready to spring them on dear husband!
I gave some out to my Kaplan co-workers too!


Some silly pics of my brother's immitating how they feel "before & after Zicam." They get sick frequently so they were happy to have these on hand. 
"After Zicam" gets a thumbs up!
Another before, sickly picture. 
And "after Zicam" he's stronger and back to his health. Funny kids, but really they did seem to feel better after being able to combat those "pre-cold" symptoms with Zicam. 

SO - why did I like Zicam?
First - the taste. I love cherry medicine, it just takes me back to being a kid. I personally love cherry coughdrops the most, and Zicam has that great cherry flavor in their rapid melts.

 Second - the texture. They dissolve in your mouth, which I personally like, because they soothe the throat right away. They're almost "cooling" as well, which I liked.

 Third- they work. My husband, mom, and brothers who all used it felt better soon after. It's designed to combat those first cold symptoms, but my husband was in the middle of a full blown cold and said he still could feel the effects.

His coworkers and mine also were really happy to have them, no one wants to get sick! In the end, I really like this product. I would buy it again for the cold & flu season, and the bottle was small enough to keep in my purse or glove compartment.

 Thank you Zicam for making a homeopathic option that isn't the same old cold medicine. We appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment